ODE TO MY IBADAN PRINCE
I once fell in love with an Ibadan Prince,
Whether illusive or real I cannot tell, but I'm certain, my Ibadan Prince, though of royalty,
Is a very level headed man,
Kind-hearted, intelligent, adventurous but not as wild as his Eko counterpart.
He is often described as 'laid back' and unruffled, something he picked from his ville.
With a lanky frame, cute face, a great sense of HUMOUR and knowing eyes that has experienced LIFE!
His ego is very subtle but easily misinterpreted as arrogance.
Oh! He brags! That can be annoying but I love him like that!
The sight of his dimple tickles my scalp!
I love His certainty about LIFE, pursuit of PURPOSE and how he balances it all!
Oh my Ibadan Prince! Thank you for coming to my rescue,
For letting me know LOVE like this still exists. Love in it's rare form, undiluted and freely expresssed.
My love for you flows like an ocean with only one concourse, and that's towards you!
I love how you trace my 'didi' in the shadows, hold my hands and sing to me, sweet folklore songs, gazing into my eyes!
Such a scintillating silhouette!
This raw native love we found in each other's arms, May the boisterous nature of Lagos never quench it - (Amin)
This Prince who hails from Ibadan is the sure SAFE HAVEN!
I once fell in love with an Ibadan Prince,
Whether illusive or real I cannot tell, but I'm certain, my Ibadan Prince, though of royalty,
Is a very level headed man,
Kind-hearted, intelligent, adventurous but not as wild as his Eko counterpart.
He is often described as 'laid back' and unruffled, something he picked from his ville.
With a lanky frame, cute face, a great sense of HUMOUR and knowing eyes that has experienced LIFE!
His ego is very subtle but easily misinterpreted as arrogance.
Oh! He brags! That can be annoying but I love him like that!
The sight of his dimple tickles my scalp!
I love His certainty about LIFE, pursuit of PURPOSE and how he balances it all!
Oh my Ibadan Prince! Thank you for coming to my rescue,
For letting me know LOVE like this still exists. Love in it's rare form, undiluted and freely expresssed.
My love for you flows like an ocean with only one concourse, and that's towards you!
I love how you trace my 'didi' in the shadows, hold my hands and sing to me, sweet folklore songs, gazing into my eyes!
Such a scintillating silhouette!
This raw native love we found in each other's arms, May the boisterous nature of Lagos never quench it - (Amin)
This Prince who hails from Ibadan is the sure SAFE HAVEN!

Comments
Post a Comment